Family Fun

Family Fun

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My father has several brain tumors now. There is little to say...it is a bleak outlook and he is afraid and hurting. I can barely speak of it without crying and tend to come off as callous for being quiet about it. I want to be there physically for him, but there is no financial way for me to do so.
I swallowed my blackstrap molasses with less of a grimace as I thought of the fact that it helps keep a hostile environment for cancer. I am not over the top, but I do not want to go through this, nor do I want my kids to experience this.
Today was a major book score at the thrift store. I found the book http://www.maryannhoberman.com/books/sevenSillyEaters.html . It immediately warmed my heart. Seven picky eaters bring their quirks together to bond and nourish...oh my. The children loved it, and we are making the cake tomorrow! The pictures were almost better than the story.
I also got 3 Charlie Brown science books that match my dictionary set, a Justice League book, a Pokemon book, and a read aloud prospect called Franny K Stein about a mad scientist. There was a stick horse that I picked up for Jubilee's birthday but the squirmy girl found it before I could hide it and has been loving it ever since. I can not believe she will be 4 in 3 weeks.
I have made several Pioneer Woman recipes since Christmas and I Love them! They are real food, hearty food, and they are scrumptious.
Tomorrow starts our new school session. I am really looking forward to it. We took all of December to do only Bible and copywork and it was balm for the soul. Now we are ready to integrate history ,science, and math back in.
I am getting ready to go to Bible Study. There is a possibility that I will be opening a food pantry/thrift store as a second branch of one of the other women. Tonight we will share with our other ladies for prayer. I am very very excited about this.
Brian got Nanny McPhee 2 from the library and he and the wee ones will watch while I am gone. The I will watch it tomorrow with them lol. It really doesn't look as good as the 1st, but I may be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment