Family Fun

Family Fun

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Brian and I went to a party on Saturday.By ourselves. None of our little ones. How odd. It felt like going back in time...a long time ago when it was just us. When I didn't have to be accountable for 8 coats, just one. When I got in the car and just sat down...didn't buckle car seats and ask if everyone is buckled. When I could run in with him to the gas station, holding hands, instead of sitting in the car so no one abducts my treasures. And it was refreshing, but I totally missed my children. They are such a huge part of my life...not just responsibilities but actual joys and pieces of me. They make me laugh and feel needed and I love to love them.
Trinity is having a friend over for the night. This friend has been a hard one in that she is very confident and take charge and that occasionally leads to bowling over Trinity. Which results in sulking or moodiness for days. I have tried to help Trin understand that she has a voice, but impart that balance so she doesn't become the one being overbearing. It is tricky as I am only the instructor and it would be easier to be the one executing the moves. Praying that both girls will grow in their personalities and bond their friendship. We are going to go to the Rhema Lights display, a beautiful tradition that we are all looking forward to.
Twinkie(yellow lab) has an injured leg from chasing the 4 wheeler. She is ginormous but we have to lift her up the stairs now. I improvised a sling out of a blanket and two people can assist her now. Hoping she heals Quickly. One of the guineas didn't go in the coop one night and I found him with a broken leg the next morning. He seems to be doing a bit better. Not much we can do for that, so I just make sure he has food and water and gets put away at dark. I do hope he heals, the guineas have been a fun addition for us. I do not think we are going to get more in the spring though...we are planning on alot of chickens and they are the more important role right now.
Last time I went to Whole Foods I looked for vegan marshmallows and did not find them. I found "healthy" marshmallows but they still had gelatin. Very disappointing. I came home and googled it and found out that there are Sweet and Sara brand vegan marshmallows in the refrigerated section! I can't wait to get them for Trinity. It has been 4 years since she became a vegetarian and I love the thought of giving her a cup of hot cocoa with a marshmallow swimming on top. Or not having to make 2 sweet potatoe casseroles.

No comments:

Post a Comment