Family Fun

Family Fun

Thursday, January 27, 2011

It is a beautiful day here. The older 5 are out playing with no need for coats. Gavin brought me one of Valentine's(one of our roosters) tail feathers. Looks like he lost a scuffle today. His tail looks odd now, short and stubby. His long feather was really stunning. It is now in the nature basket.
Brian got me 10 books from the library this week. All fiction. There is a reason I don't do that...I love to read and could easily sit and read all day. Now I accomplished little for school the past couple days because I can not abide the thought of a book going back unread and I don't like to keep books more than a week. Bah. The upside is they are all read now and I can get on with my life. I do love this particular author...I grew up reading her works and it is wonderful that she still writes books that I love to curl up with. I tried explaining books to Brian...he would never buy a book ever and be happy. I could never buy most books, but some are truly like old friends to me. This authors books are those friends. Silly, I know, but that is how it is.
I placed my first order with Dharma Trading Co for silk scarves to dye. If they turn out well I will sell some at the Farmer's Market this spring. Either way I look forward to dying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment