Family Fun

Family Fun

Friday, January 29, 2010

Brian stayed home from work today. I highly doubt there would have been many customers looking to get pierced during our worst storm of the season, but you never know. It would not have been worthwhile to drive to Tulsa and back for just 1 or 2 people though. Thanks to papertoys.com we had alot of fun. 6/9ths of us played outside for a bit. Even with near whiteout conditions it was awesome. Brian and I walked together to take care of the neighbors beautiful Gypsy Vanner horses. They are a sweet bunch, albeit rather intimadating in a herd like that. It was so peaceful...walking in the snow, hearing our boots crunching, just he and I. He is such a gem, still makes me feel so lucky to have him as mine.
The cinnamon rolls in the bread machine were a HUGE hit. They were easily better than store bought, and really were not difficult to make. It did take almost 2 hrs, but that was 1.5 hrs in the bread machine on the dough cycle.Really not bad, and a great treat that the kids will get once a week. The blueberries on the side made it better for all of us though!
I am thrilled that Logan is truly reading now.He didn't even stumble...once he got it he just ran! Still working with Gavin, he is getting eager which is what I have been watching for. Christian got eager to read and then took off, same with Logan. Oh, how spoiled I was with Trinity. She just read starting at age 4. That's how I did it too. I never expected I would have late readers, never thought I would deal with the disapproval that (especially) homeschoolers face when their child is not ahead of the game. Griffon should read this year also, and Jubilee is showing pre reading skills already, so hopefully the struggling will have been confined to Christian, Gavin, and Logan.I am so proud of them though, that even as non readers they have always had a zest for books.
The guineas are locked up with the chickens tonight. We tried shooing them out so they would go home to Bill( a convicted child molester who lives two houses away, who free ranges his birds but comes knocking to ask where they are if they stay here) but they kept perching in the trees by the hen house. I really don't want them to get eaten, and with this weather and the knowledge that they would just perch in the trees, we let them stay. And will from now on. They are still his, we just feed them and enjoy seeing them around. I think the female has been laying in the laying box, but really...how am I going to know what egg is hers from 16 eggs? I get stuck in regards to my feelings about Bill. He is crazy...literally not all there. He is at least 75, probably more like 85. He comes on our property often, in a skulking kind of way. He reminds me of Gollum...I am horrified by the thought of what he has done, but I pity him for his current state also.Not enough to invite him near my children, but I have often thought of taking some baked goods to him. I do NOT want him to feel like he is welcome near the kids though, and it seems a hard line to see.
My nose is so runny, and my nostril piercing is getting agravated. I have a small bump(scar tissue building up) that bugs me to see. I did sea salt soaks to no avail, and emu oil made no noticable difference, but peroxide has helped alot. The congestion going away would be a good thing though.
Time to tend the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment