Family Fun

Family Fun

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It is chilly today! I coincided turning down the thermostat with the coldest day since 1980something here in our piece of Oklahoma. Lol...I woke up thinking how this wasn't so bad...I was even a bit toasty. I started chores...was actually really toasty. Hmm...I checked and the heat was at 73! Brian got home, didn't know about our(the kids and mine)idea. So he turned the heat up to be helpful. Sweet, silly man. He will be in for it tonight.It is going to be a windchill of -20.The heat is again set at 65.I put blankets at the windows, everyone has socks on, and they said they will sleep with nightcaps on hehe.
We had latkes(potato pancakes) today to go with Story of the World lesson on the end of the Jewish Nation. They were very tasty.We ate them with ketchup instead of jam though. Noone wanted to try jam or sugar on hashbrowns.Not even me.
I read about large Blacks(hogs) and bees today. I still want to do bees, but am not thrilled to do the large blacks. They are Brian's first choice by a long shot though.We are getting berkshires this year anyhow, as we will have to get on a waiting list for the Large Blacks, and find a true breeder anyway.
I am going to attempt more with photography this year...I want some of those really fun and abstract pics that I see on other blogs. In fact...I am going to try some tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment