Family Fun

Family Fun

Friday, January 15, 2010

I figured I would blog about our loverly animals today. It is a gorgeous foggy day and I spent a good portion outside working to the sweet birdsounds of 20+ chickens and two loud guineas. We have a rooster named Goliath(black Jersey Giant), a bantam roosetr who I don't know the name of, a bantam rooster named Dusty, and a flock of prolific egg laying hens. We get 6 on a bad day, 20 on a great day. Pink, brown, green, and white. We will be getting more hens in a couple months to supplement the pigs with eggs.
Twinkie is our yellow lab. She is old, moves slow, and allows the baby to climb all over her. She smells bad at times, but I can not imagine a sweeter dog,ever. We got her from the pound two years ago and she is Christian's best friend.
Tigger is our orange inside cat. He is old, ashmatic, and aloof. We got him from the pound 9 years ago and he has been a really great cat.
Panther is our black outside tomcat. He is Very aloof, a fantastic survivor, and surprisingly cool to have around. Most of our cats have vanished outdoors(coyotes, stray dogs, any number of predators) but he stays alive and dominates. We got him from a friend of my sisters.
There are 4 fish in 2 tanks. I don't care for fish, they are not mine, but I do feed them.
There is Copper. He is a royal(or ball) python and has grown alot since we got him for Gavin's birthday in June. He eats live mice, fast thankfully, but still. I will hold him if someone has him out, but I do not stick my hand into his home and I don't particularly care to hold him. He is beautiful though, and I marvel at God's diversity in animals.
Two donkeys reside out back. Not little grey cute donkeys, large black pretty girls. They came to us as a rescue mission, and Brian adores them. They are good for nothing right now(as in we can't ride them until they are older) but they are still pretty cool. Cuzco the llama lives with them. Brian called me one day and said he bought a llama. WHy? Because he could. Yes, he spits, but only at the donkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment