Family Fun

Family Fun

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

There is supposed to be an ice storm headin in tomorrow. The predictions make it sound as if it will be worse than the 07 storm that knocked out our power for 2+ weeks, a thought that has me sick. I am not actually fearing the storm, but a feeling of dread fills my stomache as I recall trying to keep us all warm and put on a happy face for two dirty and frigid weeks sleeping in one room of 8 people.
I have stacked wood in the laundry room, we have a stocked pantry, and I will spend the day cooking tomorrow so we will have ready to eat food. The generator will be ready, water is on hand. I hope we do not need to use any of this precautinary stuff, but definately better safe than sorry. Brian is kinda excited to use the snow chains some more.*eyeroll* Silly man...
I completely redid my school area, deep cleaned and decluttered the library, deep cleaned and decluttered the master bathroom.It is some kind of odd nesting, except I am not pregnant.It feels good to simplify our already simple stuff though.
I have been doing good with the coupons. We save a consistant 15 dollars each trip. I know there are families that do way better, but this is working for us. So we save what we can, and plan on enlarging the gardens, plan on getting our piglets, and being as self sufficient as we can for right now. We should be getting about 8-10 chicks in a week or so. :)
The kids are playing happily outside...it is beautiful. There is a slight cloudiness, but the sun is shining and jackets are not even needed. Very nice winter weather :P ...a great precursor to ice storms.
We will be feeding the neighbours horses while they go to a show again, and M called to iron out details this morning. She wants to pay us for being neighborly, which I prefer her not to do. She really pushed though, and offered to bring over a round bale for the donkeys and llama which would be a HUGE help to us, so I reluctantly, but happily agreed. This feels extremely uneven though, so I need to cook up some goodies to help balance things a but more.

No comments:

Post a Comment