Family Fun

Family Fun

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Almond Mango granola is baking. Spaghetti sauce is simmering. A triple batch of dough is rising. My home smells good!
I am working on that dream schedule. The one that allows each child to thrive in our homeschool, and helps us keep the house sparkling, and gives us opportunities outdoors . *Snort* The one that I will make with gusto and despair following because I am NOT a schedule person. I like making them though. It helps a lot to have them also. (I always type a lot as alot, which I am aware is not a word. I love spellcheck!)
Pip's infection is receding, thanks to keflex. Only a couple more weeks of the cast and we should be back to normal.
.
We caught a juvenile timber rattler last night. I almost stepped on it three days ago. Two days ago we had a hen die from a snake bite. Last night I was watering the tomatoes and there he was again, coiled up on the raised bed. With Brian's help I got him in the critter keeper and we relocated him to a place he can grow without harming people or livestock, and a place where no ranchers should kill him. Honestly, the ranchers kill every snake they come across, no regard for how beneficial a ratsnake can be.
No interest in the house. I am really content either way, so I am not stressing about it. I do wish someone would look at it though. I have lots of plans for it if it doesn't sell...I am remotivated to work this property as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment