Family Fun

Family Fun

Friday, August 12, 2011

A man came into the thrift store and donated a ton of stuff from his storage unit. Which is very cool, really, except he gave us 10 bottles of years expired hot sauce and 8 bottles of years expired bbq sauce. Which I brought home because I hate to waste food. It actually tastes fine(umm...vinegar and bourban will do that,no?) He came back today and gave 10 boxes of sourdough mix. Expired in 97. What in the world...I think he is a bona fide hoarder. So I brought them home and substituted fresh yeast and it is cooking up beautifully. The boss man thinks I am nuts, and tried to argue with me to throw it away. He also gave me "rotten" bread for my chickens. I think it was two day old stale bread. It made the MOST tasty triple berry bread pudding ever. I have always thought if I lived in a big city I would be one of those dumpster diving food recyclers.
Pip goes to the ortho on Wednesday to get her cast off. Yay! She just finished ten days of antibiotics and the wound still looks bad to me...I guess we will see what happens.
Thursday Gavin and Griffon are going to the dr for check ups. Gavin has not been to a dr in 10 years. Griffon has only seen a non er dr once and the guy was a putz. I am very much hoping we can have a respectful visit, and get some answers about Griffon's excema and Gavin's hearing/speech delay. Then on Tuesday Trinity and Christian will go in(also haven't been seen for 10 years). Just a check up, no concerns there. The following Tuesday Logan and Jubilee will go in. Logan has never seen a dr(he is 9), and Jubilee has only been seen for her broken arm last year. I want to know if the bags under her eyes are from allergies, and if so I would like allergy testing for her and Griffon both.
I will be testing next Saturday. Timing was great this month, and I feel a lot of symptoms, which is odd being so close to o, but I felt this way last time too. My fingers are crossed.
Next blog post will be chock full of pictures. I have been using my camera phone too much lately and want to get some better pics soon.
I planned 14 weeks of school and we start on Monday. I am very excited for this upcoming year. It should go smoothly, and with 5 kids reading independently I feel like it should be a tad easier.
After record high temps for well over a month we have had some beautiful weather. Rain broke through the drought and is in the forecast for a few more days at least. I pray that it will help farmers get a second harvest of hay, because prices are high and supplies are low. If it gets to the point of not being able to find hay we will have to give Bella(the horse) away, and we really don't want to do that. She has shown no signs of heat since being bred by the neighbors stallion in May...I wonder if we will have a foal in April.Short of taking her to the vet there really aren't any signs or symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment