Family Fun

Family Fun

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have alot to do today...so I decided to sit down at the computer to get focused lol! :P
Tomorrow is a town scavenger hunt with the homeschool group, followed by a cookie contest and exchange. So I need to make a ton of cookies. Pretty ones even. I am a wee bit competitive sometimes and want to win the contest just because I am the only one who loves to bake in the group and it would stink if I lost to someone who didn't care. Argh...that sounds petty...
I got my drivers license. It feels so good to not be afraid while driving. WHen I took the test the woman had me go into a neighborhood and parallel park. When I was done she looked me in the eye and said," You obviously know how to drive, let's head back." I was thrilled! And glad that 14 years off driving qualified me lol...I actually was nervous. I recall being told in driver's ed that older drivers have a harder time because of bad habits they have picked up...but I think driving without a license for so long prevented me from picking up alot of those habits.
Saturday I am going to provide childcare for a church outreach, then Brian and I will go to the 20's and 30's party for a bit. With all the negative stuff that has happened with one of the women at church I am really looking forward to a positive connect. Our 20's-30's group has gotten pretty close. It is really fun.
I am not pregnant this month, but am settling into a rhythmic cycle. That hasn't happened for over 5 years. Pretty interesting. I am going to try to lose 20 pounds before I get pregnant next. Though I am neither trying to conceive nor abstain. WIth regular cycles I feel as though it is probably going to happen though. Which is a joyous thought. The kids have been praying for a new baby daily and it makes me laugh, but also makes me sigh...8 seems a little big! Big is fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment