Family Fun

Family Fun

Thursday, August 5, 2010


Griffon(5), Epiphany(14 months), Jubilee(3)

Jubilee eating a homemade creamsicle, showing off her bright pink cast. It comes off in 2 more weeks!

Gavin saving the universe(from bubbles?lol) This was taken in the backyard by the huge brush pile they made when putting our house here. We have cleared 75% of it, and when it is gone we will hopefully put in a barn.

Logan(8) on his birthday. He is such a shy guy that it is good to have him looking friendly for a change! He is starting to come out of his shell a little.

I got the call today that my dad has cancer. It has already metastasized to his lymph nodes. I hate waiting days to find out more. His oncology appt is later this week or early next week. He was crying too hard to get many details. I hate that I already went through all this, when my mom died at 46. My dad is only 52. I LOATHE CANCER. I am trying to figure out how to get to MI to visit. Do I take all the kids, knowing I am probably going to be extremely emotional? He has not met Pip yet, and she is still a nursing fiend so she would obviously go. This is just a crappy decision. From the reading online(I know, never a good idea) he probably has less than a year to live. Add to that the fact that he has barely controlled diabetes...I am just worried he will die before I can hug him again.
This strengthens my quest to be vigilant what goes into my body and my children's bodies. I read a study today finding that cancer grows faster when artificial sweeteners are used, and when high fructose corn syrup especially is around. Not a surprise at all, but verification yet again.I do not want to lose anyone else I love to cancer, I do not want to be ravaged by it myself.

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness Wendy! I'm sorry to hear about your dad, AND your mom! And what a crazy coincidence (not that I believe in coincidences ;) ), but just today I was writing a list of things I want to change in my shopping/diet habits & I wrote "NO HFCS" on my list due to those recent articles about cancer & high fructose corn syrup! I too loathe cancer, although I haven't lost such close family members to it as you have. My beloved grammy did die from it pretty quickly after her diagnosis 10 yrs ago. But I read about it *everywhere*. Doesn't it seem like, whenever you hear about someone dying, it's almost always from cancer?? I made a comment to my dh a few months back about dying of old age. He responded back to me, half joking, about people of our generation "not dying from old age, we're all going to die from cancer!" He was kinda sorta joking but it made my stomach sink!

    Anyway, I'm sorry to go on about myself when you are so sad & stressing about your dad. I hope you can manage a visit with him asap. And I'll be glad to support any diet changes you all undergo to avoid the horrific cancer demon. :(

    ReplyDelete