Family Fun

Family Fun

Wednesday, August 4, 2010




First picture is the observation window of the top bar hive, and our busy bees. They have filled over half the hive now. It is so calming to see them work.
Next picture is Hans(in front, Berkshire boar), Fritz, (middle, Duroc boar), and poor Opal in the back, our Spotted gilt who we just lost. They have grown substantially since that pic was taken, I will work on getting big boy pics up.
The last picture is the Trinity(12) and Christian (11)doing some incentive training(also known as feeding the pigs by hand to make them like us). The pigs are big enough now that the kids don't go in for fear of over exuberance causing them to be knocked in poo or mud. Gross, I know, sorry.
I am getting my next tattoo tonight! I am so glad, this has been in the works for months and timing hasn't worked out yet. Brian called and said Rev is ready, so tonight at 9(after the shop closes, one of the perks of being an employee's wife)I get to go in. I am getting an ugly duckling on my left foot, to symbolize all having sinned and falling short of the Glory of God. On my right foot, later, I will get a swan for being a new creation in Christ. I am pretty excited.
The kids have been really rocking the housework today. I am proud that they have helped without complaining. The house looks great.
Riley has been staying home lately. It is so weird not having him here, but I get SO much more done. He is really excited to be sleeping at his house, and to see his mom each day.He starts school on the 19th. I can't believe the little man I have taken care of for 4 1/2 years is not living here anymore(after next week). He is sweet though, and I look forward to being his auntie instead of a caregiver.
The scheduling of this next school year is intimidating me big time. I am confidant though that it will be for the best. I will post what ends up working when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment