Family Fun

Family Fun

Monday, August 2, 2010


The first picture is my family, my sister and her son, and my brother and his family. We are in black, Mandi and Riley are in white, and Michael and his are in red.
The second picture is Christian(11). We were doing some steampunkish art. That is inside our chicken coop lol.
Third is Jubilee, also in the chicken coop. Wearing her brothers pirate hat with her sisters fabric belt. Good thing sepia hides color, it was a contrast! I was really happy with the pics though. I am hopefully going to come up with steampunk outfits for the whole family for halloween.
Opal died today. She was our Spotted pig, and we were very fond of her. She was the most talkative pig we have ever owned.I went outside to feed them this evening and she was dead from the heat. We have a covered house for them, water always available, and I dump 10 gallons to make mud puddles twice a day. I am just so disappointed. She was about 150-170 lbs, so not far from being finished. That means on top of feeling sad that she died from heat I also have to deal with the loss of investment. She was two months away from being butcher ready. That is alot of meat that my family won't get to eat now. It just stinks. Hans and Fritz both seem fine, but Opal did too until she just died. Ugg. I will be hyper vigilant about watering the boys until this heat wave lifts. It was 102 real temp today, I don't know what the blasted heat index was. I am lugging buckets to the orchard each day to keep the trees healthy, and also to water the bees. They have done such an amazing job of making comb, I pray that the heat doesn't cause collapse. That is the big concern with top bar hives. I trust the bees can handle it, they have so far.
We had Pastor Derrick and his family over for dinner tonight. They are a little younger than us, and we really enjoy hanging out. I think they feel free to let their hair down with us which is nice. They brought Brian some coke from the mexican grocery store. Brian has been hyped about trying some since he read about mexican coke still being made with sugar, vs american coke with high fructose corn syrup. He doesn't drink soda very much, but he may have one every month or so now that he can get this.
Our local homeschool group is restarting. I am pretty excited about the year, they already have alot planned and it sounds great. I think most of the drama is behind them now, so we will rejoin. The kids have missed it alot. I have really restructured this year, so I am hoping I can fit it in easily!
Tomorrow I am getting a dollar store pregnancy test. I am really hoping to see two lines, but I had a very specific dream of having a baby in December and naming her. If I do end up pregnant with a girl her name will be what I dreamt, seeing as that is how I knew I was pregnant with Epiphany, and how I got her name.
Woohoo, posting pictures worked! Because I didn't ever see the tab to do that before(didn't really look ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment