Family Fun

Family Fun

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh thank you Lord for the easing of my morning sickness. I only get very ill about once a day now and am feeling mostly functional again. The house is in good order, we are back to schooling, the animals and outdoor chores are coming on nicely. I so relate to Rabbit from Pooh sometimes...feeling like Fall is a rush to prepare for Winter. I love Fall...easily my favorite season. I have made several pumpkin cheesecakes, and several pumpkin breakfast bundt cakes. Fall is pumpkin, and cocoa, and soup. Stacking wood is one of my fall obsessions. The old goose house is full of firewood, and I am seriously thinking of filling half the chicken coop with deadfall. I am very tempted to use my dutch oven in the fireplace this year, though I really don't think the fireplace is large enough for it. MMM...apples is the dutch oven, with oatmeal. Cider. Crunchy leaves. It makes me content to even think about fall.
Brian is working the State Fair with a fellow from church this year. He comes home to sleep for about 5 hours, then is gone again. It is hard for him, he is covered in bruises(paintball ref), but the money is decent and guaranteed. I will be so thankful when it is done though! He calls when he is on his way home(usually at 1:30) and I scoot out of bed like a hyper mouse and bustle him up some warm grub lol. I chatter at him while he mechanically eats, then he collapses into bed and falls right asleep and I lay down and take a good half hour to fall back to sleep. When his alarm goes off I wait till he is up and showering and force myself to get up and make him some coffee and breakfast sandwiches. He always protests that I needn't wait on him, but I feel like it is one of my few chances to show him my love in a practical way. Then after he is out the door I collapse back into bed with the two little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment