Family Fun

Family Fun

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I found a second nest in the horse trailor. There were 20 eggs there, plus the 8 I got from the coop. The ones from the trailor were exceptionally clean already too.Bonus!
Yesterday we went to the statuary and got two birdbaths. One is tall and thin, with a celtic base and square celtic bowl. I am going to paint it green. The second is an ocean scene, with boats in the bowl. It is shorter, one piece and very sturdy. I will paint the base brown and leave the top natural. They are beautiful, and we look forward to birds, butterflies and bees having water.
Brian got to try some homemade mead this weekend and it seems to have clinched the desire to start with bees. We may be ordering our first hive kit today! We are very much enamoured by the top bar hives, but are going to start with a Langstroth this time. I am beyond thrilled that we are undertaking this!
Last night was rough, as my fever spiked and I hurt all over. It is carrying into today, but there is no rest for the mama lol. I hope my kids grow up strong and resiliant, but I also hope they have someone to love them through it. Brian was sweet, turning up the heat and covering me with extra blankets in the wee hours of the morn.
I got a cast iron sauce pan at the thrift store yesterday. I reseasoned it as soon as we got homne and am thrilled to have picked it up for a mere 5 dollars! Bargain hunting is such a thrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment