Family Fun

Family Fun

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Another beautiful springy day...that is kicking my butt due to allergies. It isn't going to prevent me from rejoicing though...this weather is magnificiant and I will spend my day outdoors enjoying it.
I made Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast, haven't decided on lunch yet. I should hurry up and decide since it is pretty much lunch time ;) .
The wee chicks are growing wonderfully, and are feathered nicely now. I can't get over how big they got. I don't know why but the chicken dust is not nearly so bad this time around.That is nice. I need to gather eggs from the outside chickens...every time I go out there is a layer in the box. I can see the mound of eggs under her, but I hate to disturb them. I think I will get 30 eggs when I get them.
It is almost piglet time too. I have the pen set up, though Brian is talking about switching the setup a bit. I don't care, as long as we get them soon. I love piglets!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog needs more pictures! :)

    I can't wait to hear your piglet adventure! Have you raised them before? Do you butcher them yourselves?

    ReplyDelete