Family Fun

Family Fun

Friday, December 28, 2012

  I have been baking up a storm each day. Not because of the holidays...just because there are a lot of us and we like to eat good food. I made a wreath challah and six strand braid challah today.I like how easy it is to make, and it seems more filling than my other main bread recipe. Plus Griffon can eat it and that is always a plus! Other foods on the baking list have been giant chewy chocolate chip cookies, banana bread(another allergy friendly recipe), swirled sugar cookies, artisan bread(I need to go throw a batch together before bed). I know there are more but I can't think of them. I blame/thank Pinterest for the yummy inspiration.
We are starting a unit study on the Hobbit. The goal is to read/study it for a few months and then see it when it hits the dollar theater.The children are really into it(the Lego sets they got from their aunt don't hurt :P ) and I am enjoying it a lot more than when I was a kid.I did go see the movie already with Brian(and LOVED it). We got a Kindle for Christmas as a family gift and I have downloaded three Hobbit resource guides to use. I also am playing the Misty Mountain song on Youtube. We had big mugs of hot cocoa (a tradition for the first snow of the season, but it also seemed rather hobbity). It was nice.
I am soooo loving babywearing lately. Luke is a hefty 25 pounds and I have no problem holding him on my back while I cook or better yet on my front so I can just wrap my arms around him for a little snuggle while I work. In this picture he fell asleep in the wrap so I sat down and just snuggled him for a while. I adore this baby!!!
Pippi and Lucian in the morning. I mean, how could I not love my life with these cute smiley babies around?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment